Hello! My name is Brian E. Graves and I live in Central Massachusetts with my wife Michelle and our three awesome children. I'm currently working as an Application Developer for RBS Citizens in Cranston, RI.
You can connect with me on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or visit my Google Profile.
Johnson & Wales University Providence, RI — 2004-2008
B.S., Information Science Magne Cum Laude
Concentration in Database Administration
Bryant University Smithfield, RI — 2010
International Institute of Business Analysts Certification
- Skills & Training
Software Tibco iProcess BPM, HP Portfolio and Project Manager (HP PPM), Oracle, MS SQL Server,
Visual Studio, Microsoft Office Suite, TOAD/SQL Developer, SQL*Plus
Programming Advanced PL/SQL Database Scripting, Server-Side Scripting (ASP.NET, Java/JSP, PHP,
Python), Windows and UNIX batch scripting
Systems Analysis Lean/Six Sigma Trained, familiar with Minitab, UML, and business process mapping.
Certified Business Analyst.
Awards/Training RBS Excellence Award 2009 & 2010, Veracode Security Certifications, Risk and
Regulatory Compliance Training
RBS Citizens Application Programmer II — Cranston, RI — 2005-Present
- Workflow and BPM application developer focused on process automation, efficiency, and reporting.
- Lead developer on Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Claims Processing platforms responsible
for workflow design, development, and implementation.
- Significant experience with database schema design, performance diagnostics, reporting/data extract
scripts and tools.
- Leveraged strong trouble-shooting, fact-finding, and problem-solving skills to perform root cause
analysis and resolve issues for many web based applications.
- Created support documentation, improved standard operating procedures, and trained other team
members while in primary support position for widely-used workflow platform.
- Developed business relationships with team members, colleagues, business lines, vendors and end
users with professional communication skills to quickly and completely resolve application and
database related problems.
Gateway Healthcare, Inc. PC Specialist — Pawtucket, RI — 2003-2005
- Assisted network administrator to troubleshoot and maintain servers and remote computers at 30 different locations in Rhode Island.
- Responsible for inventory tracking, as well as ordering and tracking shipments from various software and hardware vendors.
- Designed and developed several web-based applications including calendar, inventory tracking system, and updateable phone directory using ASP/ASP.NET
Winnco PC Technician — Boston, MA — 2002-2003
- Worked remotely with users around the country to walk users through PC maintenance, software installations and hardware upgrades.
- Created several web based applications including software tracking system and Flash/XML based image gallery.
EMC Corporation Web Design Engineer — Hopkinton, MA — 2001-2002
- Worked closely with business unit leaders and web development team to determine requirements and objectives for web applications.
- Improved the user experience of EMC engineers by converting existing corporate intranet from HTML to an interactive Flash web site.
- Designed and developed web presence for technology groups on EMC's corporate intranet.
- Outdoor sports like hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and rock climbing. I love being a dad and husband and I'm always looking to create more free time to spend with the ones that I love.
Some of my free time is spent volunteering as a technical coordinator for Treasures, which is a non-profit upscale resale store working to reduce tuition costs my kids' school.
- References & Work Samples
- Available on request